Sunday, November 20, 2011
Conference Notes
When I went into my conference with Dr. Archibald I went in with the idea that I was going to talk about how criminals have out smarted the police over the years. Now coming out of my conference I realized with the help of Dr. Archibald that I need to change my thesis because I am not getting my point across that I want. So during the conference I changed my thesis to a two prong idea to look at how criminals are perceived and how they are prosecuted. I am then going to use this and look at how the media influences this. So now I have to go back and look for more information pertaining to the evidence that media plays on criminals. After doing this change I think that my paper is going to be better than ever and I am excited to finish writing it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I feel your new thesis will help you to construct a longer paper. If you would like some of the sites I used they will be posted on my bibliography page of my blog.
ReplyDeleteI also have to find more information and sources for my paper. I think it will be interesting to see the information you find and to see how the media affects the portrayal of criminals. By reading your blog I realized how important it is to make sure that you get your point across in your paper because if your not able to do this then it might mean that you either need to find more information or change your thesis.
ReplyDeleteAfter taking a look at your blog, I think your topic sounds good. I think it's good that you are choosing a topic that really focuses on what you want it to. If you have a great topic, it will make your paper easier to write. Also, try to give your paper a really strong opening paragraph to get people interested. I am also changing some of my paper so that I can draw the audience in more and give them a clearer idea of what I am talking about. I think your ideas sound great!
ReplyDelete