Sunday, October 30, 2011

ResProj paper ideas

"focus on the fact that these men were everyday normal people that you wouldn’t expect to be reading about as serial killers and they got away with a lot of their crimes  because of their charm and good looks."

 -For this quote I can evaluate and look at why charming and good looking people get away with so much more than others and if this is a big factor when looking at serial killers.

"The way that we deal with serial killers has also changed.  Back in the 19th century they didn’t have the technology that we have today so it was harder for them to catch them.  Like all the different DNA equipment that they have in labs that can cut down on time and find the person faster."

-For this quote I can examine why this advancement made such a big impact and how it has helped us today.

 After reading these quotes from my 2Syn paper what do you think about these topic ideas? Do you understand what I am getting at? Which one sounds best to use for the 3ResProj? Why?

4 comments:

  1. I really like the first topic idea. It would be something that I think sounds interesting to research and read about because I would never think to incorporate someone's appearance into getting away with murders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After taking a look at your quotes, I think you have two very good topic ideas to work with. I understand what you are getting at in relation to serial killers and their demeanor and appearance as well as how technology has changed the amount of time it takes for serial killers to be caught. I think the topic that sounds best for your 3ResProj,is the topic that shows how serial killers charm and good-looks can help them get away with so much more. I think you can get a lot of information on this topic to back it up. I also think that it is an intriguing topic that will really catch the readers attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think both your research topics are interesting and I knew what you were getting at for both of them. I think the best topic to do for your research paper would be the first topic idea because it might grab people's attention more and it seems more interesting. For this topic you could probably research the connection between physical apperence and trust between individuals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the idea of researching technology and how it has evolved from one murder's time to the next.

    ReplyDelete