Synthesis means putting your ideas from many sources together in an essay. When writing a synthesis paper you should first put your ideas together that you are going to talk about in your essay. Then you have to look at all your information and put some of your information around one theme or question. Then you have to present your information in a way that supports your argument that you are going to write about. A synthesis is also not a summary, it’s about the integration of what you have learned, read, and heard about your topic.
One of the first things that you have to do when writing a synthesis paper is that you need a thesis. The next step you need to do is summarize your articles or any other source of information. Try to make sure and put some real world examples in your paper that support your topic. In the conclusion you should summarize your thesis and outline some questions that you will then answer.
When I synthesize my paper I will summarize my newest article on Ted Bundy. I will talk about how in the article it talks about how he could be innocent. I will then use some of the examples that were in the article to support why he could be innocent. Next I will talk about the similarities between Holmes and Bundy. Then I will talk about the differences between both Bundy and Holmes. After that is done I will do my synthesis part of my paper. In this part I will ask one question then answer it using my old document on Holmes. Then I will answer it using the new article on Bundy. After answering the question I will explain why it applies to my topic and how it is related.
http://archives.evergreen.edu/webpages/curricular/2001-2002/poliecon2001/synthesis.htm
No comments:
Post a Comment