Saturday, September 17, 2011

They Say/ I Say--response 1

According to David Zinczenko’s “Don’t Blame the Eater” there are no alternatives to inexpensive fast food restaurants.  But I have to say that there are alternatives that aren’t that expensive and are better for you then fast food restaurants.  An example of one is Subway it is a sandwich shop that prides itself on being better than any fast food restaurant.  They show you on every napkin their foods calorie intake compared to that of McDonald’s and Burger King’s calorie intake.  You can also make yourself your own food that would have fewer calories than any fast food restaurant.  You can also opt for more vegetables and fruits when you go out.
Is being overweight a genuine medical problem rather than a problem of cultural stereotypes.  I think it all depends on the case that you are dealing with.  In some cases it is a medical problem that they can’t help that they gain weight and that it is also hereditary.  But then there are the cases that are stereotypical.  Because the person eats so unhealthy that they become overweight then do not want to take responsibility for it.  So instead they blame the fast food industry that they are the reasons that they are overweight.  Instead of blaming the fast food industry they should be the ones saying I eat here to frequently and maybe I should cut back on it and go for something that is healthier for me.
Even though these two topics are from the same article they are very different in their response.  One talks about eating healthier and the other talks about people who are overweight and if it’s a problem or stereotypical.  Although they are different they do have some similarities.  Like for instance they both have fast food as their main topic also they both have a strong opinion with them.      

No comments:

Post a Comment