Sunday, September 25, 2011

Revising the 1Report assignment

What I need to do to revise my paper is talk more about the article.  I need to also state my article in my introduction paragraph.  I did not do this in my first paper and that is one of the reasons that I need to redo it.  Also I need to use more quotes from my article and put them into my paper.  I did not have any quotes or citations in my first draft and I definitely need to put them in the final.  Another thing that I need to do with the article is summarize it better.  I did not do such a good job at that the first time I wrote more of a biography then a report.
Speaking of the report I need to do my source section better.  I did not really understand that part of the paper at first.  Now I feel like I understand what I need to do in that section.  Going to the chryst writing center really helped me with my paper and understanding it better.  In the section about sources I now know that I need to talk more about what life would be like for a person back in 1893.  Also what would life be like back then for Holmes, and why it was easy for him to murder all those people without anyone finding out? 
In the section about linking him to serial killers now and in his time I definitely need to improve on.  I did not have that in my first draft and will definitely need to add that to my final copy.  Besides all that I just need to simplify my ideas and not be all over the place in the final copy of my paper about Holmes.  I also need to keep in mind that it is not a biography it is a report.       

No comments:

Post a Comment